Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 7, 2008

Venturing out...

I'm so proud of myself! I managed to get myself, Ryan, Aaron & McKenna to the grocery store this morning. I put McKenna in the Bjorn, Aaron on the cart in his car seat and Ryan in the front seat of the cart and I still had a little room for groceries!! It was actually really nice to get out with them and know I could do it alone. The babies both slept and Ryan and I chatted about what we were buying. Of course, the babies were screaming by the time we got home because they wanted to eat, but all was good as soon as I got the bottles in their mouthes. Now we are getting ready to go pick up Ethan from school. I usually walk over, but today it is snowing, so I will have to load everyone up in the car so not to chill the babies!

Tomorrow I will venture out again and take Ryan to a playdate at the rec center. He first experienced this when Grandpa & Grandma were here and now we are going to make it a regular outing so he can socialize with his friends!

Last night was a rough night sleep wise. However, it wasn't due to the twins. No, last night Mr. Ethan decided he wasn't going to sleep. We put him in bed at 7:45 and at 10:30 he was still fussing and crying. We had fed the babies at 9 and put them to bed, but Ethan managed to wake them up at 10:45 when McKenna decided she needed to eat again. So we fed them both and Ethan finally went to sleep. All was good again until 4 am when they woke for another feeding. Afterward we put them in bed and Aaron decided he didn't want to go to sleep. It took me about an hour of repeatedly going in there and giving him the paci until he finally went to sleep. Then we all slept until 8, which was nice, but made for a rushed morning to get Matt and Ethan out the door by 9. Let's hope tonight is a better night since it's my night by myself. Usually Ethan is a great sleeper, so not sure what his deal was last night.

No comments: