Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 27, 2008

TGFI . . .

THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE!!!

We received the insurance coverage for my hospital stay while having the twins. We paid $90 to the hospital. Following is what the insurance paid:

3 Days in a Private Room . . . $3828.00
Drugs . . . $864.38
Laboratory . . . $4252.20
Operating Room . . . $2519.00
Anesthesia . . . $362.00
Recovery Room (I spent one hour in here after the c-section) . . . $570.00

For a grand total of $12,395.58.

Of course, this doesn't include the fees from my OB, of which we paid $15 and the rest was covered by insurance. Or the fee from the pediatrician to be in the OR with us and then all of the check-ups while in the hospital, of which we didn't pay anything and insurance covered 100%.

I'll say it again . . . Thank God For Insurance!! Especially the great coverage we have!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I ran across your blog yesterday and decided to read the archives. I then realized you just started. You have a beautiful family and I enjoy reading about the twins, and your other boys and how you handle it all. I hope if you ever get time, you can go back in time and tell some of those stories. Thank you for sharing.

Deb from NY