Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 25, 2008

I've been tagged...

I've been tagged by Debbie, a fellow twin mom whose b/g twins are 13 days older than ours. I started reading her blog after reading about her on Jenny Scott's webpage. I've been following Jenny since 2004 when her daughter, Allie, was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, which she later passed away from. Allie was just 13 days older than Ethan.

It's been fun following Debbie's blog and reading about her family. We seem to have a lot in common as she also has two older children. I especially loved reading her recent post about twin comments she hears when going out. It is so funny because we always feel like a side show when we are out with twins. We always get stopped at least once, and much more when we have all four of them with us!!! What a special blessing we have to be Mom's of twins!!

The rules:

A. Link to the tagger and post these rules on your blog.
B. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some weird, some random.
C. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Lastly, let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. I will be skipping this part because other than Jenny and Debbie, I don't read any other blogs and don't know of any of my friends that have them. However, I thought it would be fun to do anyway!

1. I have a friendship daisy tattooed on my foot in the exact same spot as one of my friend's from college. We had a special bond because her name was Kelly Jo Anderson and mine was Kelly Jean Anderson. We had fun confusing our college professors.

2. I also have a bit of OCD... to the point that I once made my mom drive 20 minutes from her house to mine to make sure I had turned off the curling iron... of course I had!!

3. Our dog, Bailey, was my first baby. I threw her a birthday party on her 1st birthday. I sent out invitations, made both a human and a dog cake, bought her a shirt that said "It's my pawty and I'll bark if I want to" and had birthday hats for all of the dogs that attended. Nowdays, the dogs have lost their ranking in our family. We still love them, but they get far less attention.

4. When I do laundry, I like to make sure I have enough time to do all of the loads so that when I'm folding I only have to run around the house once to put things away. I have specific piles for things and I get frustrated when my husband puts something in the wrong pile. I prefer to fold laundry by myself and then have him put it away.

5. I graduated in 2001 with a degree in business marketing. Since then, I've worked at Barnes & Noble, been a nanny, was a billing assistant for a short period, was a substitute teacher, owned my own home daycare and now I'm a SAHM. I guess college was just for fun for me!!

6. I'm a total people pleaser and never want to rough the waters. That was a difficult thing when I had my daycare. It was hard to stand up for myself with some of the parents.

7. I was born and raised in Green Bay, WI and am a total cheesehead. How ironic that Brett Favre retired on the same day our babies were born!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love reading other people's memes!!! Too bad you don't live closer!! :)