Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 4, 2008

Making Progress

I don't want to jinx it, but I think we might be getting a schedule down. The babies were awake much of the afternoon yesterday. We went to MOPS in the morning where they were passed around to be seen by everyone. Then they slept all through lunch ... I took all four kids out to Pizza Hut for lunch. Of course, I had the help of our wonderful nanny, as well as meeting Jen, Broggan, Anders and Ashley there, but it was still a big accomplishment for me to get out with all four kids. After we got home, they ate at about 1:30 and then were wide awake much of the rest of the evening, with the exception of a small cat nap around 4:00. We fed them at 8:30 and put them to bed and they slept until 1:00!! Again, we fed them and put them to bed and they slept until 5:30. Granted, they both came in bed with us around 4:30, but that's not bad considering how long they slept between bottles. After that feeding, they went back to bed and slept until 9:00!!! I can say that I didn't get out of bed until almost 8:30 this morning! I haven't done that in ages! They seem to eat more often during the day, but that's okay. I'd prefer it to be that way! They've increased their eating to anywhere between 3.5 to 5 ozs, so maybe that is why they are staying full longer. I can totally handle only having to get up twice during the night. In fact, I'm even going to start working out after that early morning feed. I figure I might as well get it over with since I'm already up and then I won't have to worry about it all day. That starts next week (we have to clean all the junk off the treadmill this weekend)... I'll let you know how it's going.

Another little bonus is that Ethan & Ryan have gone back to sleeping until about 7:30. About a week or two before the time change they started getting up between 6 and 6:30. That was brutal as they used to always sleep until 7:30ish, but the sun was shining in their room and waking them up. This continued up until last weekend when they finally went back to their regular schedule.

On another note, Princess McKenna gave me a nice treat yesterday. I was sitting on the couch holding both of them while I finished feeding Aaron. I heard/felt her go poop, but had my hands tied so decided to wait until Aaron was done to change her. It was only a minute or two. When we got to the changing table, I notice the front of her outfit was wet, so figured she leaked urine. Boy was I wrong!! When I opened her outfit, there was poop all over her little belly. The girl must have used some rocket force when she pushed it out cuz it blew all the way up her front. She happened to have on a Huggies diapers, which in our experience don't contain as well as the Pampers Swaddlers, so that might have contributed to the fact. I had to call Vanessa, our nanny, away from playing with Ethan to help me watch the babies while I got a bath ready for baby girl. She had poo everywhere, including inside her belly button. I got her all cleaned off and all was right again!! Wish her Daddy would have been home to see what his little girl had accomplished... he'd have been so proud!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yea for you guys!!! Thats great on the schedule front! We have not gotten there yet unless nursing 24/7 counts as s schedule. LOL!! How far along were you when they were born? I'm trying to see if adjusted age has anything to do with it. We were 4 weeks early.

I am so with you on trying to get my exercise in the mornings after get up for the early feeding. We'll see how it goes!!

Love the poop story! It has to happen to every baby once!!!