Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 10, 2008

We're Still Here!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while!! It's been crazy busy! Of course I spend my days feeding and taking care of babies, which I love!! However, I've gotten adventurous and added lots of other activities into our daily schedules.

First of all, my mom and I joined Weight Watchers. In our first week, I lost 7.4 lbs and she lost 10 lbs!!!! WOOHOO!!! So we go to those meetings on Wednesday mornings because it is one where they allow kiddos. I bring Ryan and the babies with me and Ethan is at school. Ryan will start school in three weeks so then I'll just be bringing the babies. I also joined the gym with Jen. The reason I joined is because they have a daycare and Jen's sister, Ashley, is going to be working there in the mornings M-F. She babysits for us and is WONDERFUL!!! I know I can trust her with the babies and also know that she will play with the boys so they have fun!!

On Tuesday mornings I take Ryan and the babies to the rec center for their open gym. It's fun for Ryan and I usually meet some of my friends there too. We chat while the kids play. This past Tuesday was a gorgeous weather day so we also had a picnic playdate at the park afterward. It was so fun and we even met a new Mommy friend.

Of course on Thursdays I always have my MOPS meetings which I love!!! Next Thursday is our last meeting for this year and then we will be off until September. However, we are going to do a Bible study in the park for six weeks over the summer so we'll all stay pretty well connected.

Mondays and Fridays tend to be my "free" days where I try to get things done around the house (I have accepted the fact that laundry will never be caught up around here again). I also try to get any errands run that need to be done during the week and of course, I never turn down a phone call from Jen to get together and just hang out!! We did that yesterday. The babies, Ryan and I headed over in the morning. Ryan and Broggan play while Jen and I chat and take care of the babies. At noon I headed over to get Ethan from school and we went back to Jen's for lunch and more playing. The boys do love their Auntie Jen!!

In other BIG news, our babies are now 2 months old as of last Sunday!!! They had their 2 month appointment last Wednesday and the doctor says they are doing great and growing right on schedule! He did tell us to start giving Aaron a little cereal in his milk to try and help with his spitting up. The child literally has projectile spit-ups on us at half of his feeds. Hopefully this will help. I remember we had to do the same thing with Ethan. Here are their two month stats:

Our big boy Aaron:
11 lbs, 13 oz, which puts him in the 50% for weight
23-1/4 inches long, which puts him in the 50% for height
15-3/4 inches head circumference, which puts him in the 50%

In other words, Aaron is perfectly average for his age!

Our petite girl McKenna:
9 lbs, 11 oz, which puts her in the 15% for weight
21-1/2 inches long, which puts her in the 15% for height
15-1/4 inches head circumference, which puts her in the 50%

She is our doll baby with a lot of brains in her head!!

As far as sleep, we are making improvements every day! McKenna has always been a better sleeper than Aaron. She usually goes at least 6 hours at night. Last night, Mr. Aaron decided to outdo his sister. We fed him at 9:15 and he was in bed by 10:00. He then slept until 5:00 this morning. McKenna, on the other hand, was up at 3:30. They both then slept until 7:00 this morning. We're getting there and I predict that they will be consistantly sleeping through the night by the time they are three months old. We'll see if that prediction comes true.

Ethan started a martial arts class on Tuesday. He is really loving it and I think it will be good for teaching him focus and discipline. He goes to that 2x per week for the month of May. We are taking off June because we will be gone for 8 days and then he'll start back in July, along with swim lessons for both he and Ryan.

Finally, Mr. Ryan is getting ready to turn 2 this month!! He is showing us many signs that he is wanting to potty train.... some good, some not so good. For instance, he will come to me throughout the day wanting me to button and zip his pants. I can tell that he has pulled his diaper down and tried to go potty. He will sit on the toilet, but he doesn't actually go. He sits there for a minute or so and then says he's done. That is fine with us though... it's progress and if he wants to train, we'll help him. The not so good part is that twice now he has taken off his poopy diaper in the bathroom... I assume attempting to go poop on the potty, but he doesn't do it until after the fact. In the meantime, he has gotten poop all over himself and the bathroom. Today we are trying a pull-up and we'll see how he does with that.

I guess that's all for now. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I don't know what the plans are. We'll probably just have a family day. Monday we have a big playdate scheduled at Jen's house that will be super fun. We have 20 moms and their kids coming. Hoping to get lots of pictures. This week will be busy as we are doing a big garage sale next Saturday with Jen & Derek. We have to get everything organized and priced for that. After that, our focus will be on getting ready for our big trip back to WI in June. That will require lots of planning and organization, but we are looking forward to it. Hopefully we can fit the entire family plus our luggage in the Exped. We had a hard time one night when we had to make a Sam's and Walmart run! Lesson learned: Don't shop with four kids in tow... there isn't enough room in our vehicle. We need a bus!!!

I'll try to get some pictures posted this weekend!

1 comment:

Granny said...

Oh Mamma

What a riot it was reading your narrative. Congratulations on the weight loss - WONDERFUL! You go girl! How sweet that Ryan wants to go potty! But how stinky too ;-)

McKenna has some catching up to do size wise! What a little sweet pea she is! Maybe she will stay petite - she has 3 big brothers to protect her after all! Maybe Aaron will be another Brett - he can live with Grandpa and Grandpa if he plays with the green & gold.

I remember shopping with Matt and Travis when they little - I can't imagine 4 children! You are brave souls!

Take care and we will see you in 23days!

Grandma Meyer