Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little background first. Most people know that Matt and I have the same birthday; however he will always be two years older than me!!! When he turned 30 two years ago, I threw him a huge surprise birthday party at a hotel complete with a DJ, food, dancing, etc. I picked him up in a limo and we went out to dinner and I fooled him into thinking I was taking him away for the weekend to keep him wondering until we got to the actual party. It was a great party!

Anyway, back in June he started saying that he wanted to do something special for my 30th birthday (August 28), but it was going to be a big surprise. We talked about our budget and we set aside money for him to purchase “several presents” that he felt would be special for me. For the next two months, he teased me about what my surprise could be. In the two weeks leading up, he gave me clues everyday that were supposed to help hint to what these presents were. Of course, the clues were all over the map and I wasn’t able to guess anything. Every day, I would call my bff Jen and tell her what the day’s clue was and everyday she would come up with a guess for me. We never really seemed to hit it, and Matt said he wouldn’t confirm even if we did. That brings us to last Wednesday.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday morning Matt said he wanted to make chicken stir fry for dinner when he got home from work so I shouldn’t worry about it. I was downstairs playing with the kids when he came home. I heard him come in, but didn’t come up as I thought he’d come down to say hi to us. After a few minutes, I heard him opening the refrigerator, running the water, etc in the kitchen. It sounded like he was starting dinner and I thought it was strange that he didn’t come down. I went upstairs to find him with a dozen red roses and a birthday card. I was pretty surprised since my birthday wasn’t for another 8 days. I opened the card and inside he had written the following:

Your birthday presents will begin tomorrow. In order to get all of your presents you must follow the rules.

1. No questions!
2. Sit back and relax.
3. Do as I ask, everything else has been taken care of!
4. Have fun!
5. Only call Jen or Jean.


Of course I’m freaking out by this time and try to call Jen at home and on her cell, but she was doing hair so she didn’t answer. I left her a message to call me ASAP! Then I called my mom and told her about the flowers and the card and asked if she knew anything. She said she didn’t have a clue. We hemmed and hawed about what it could be and then I said I’d call her later. Matt had told me that he would give me some more information after dinner, so I was rushing through that to see what was happening! I tried calling Jen again and she was still busy. She finally called about 10 minutes later and I told her about everything. I was like a giddy child on Christmas Eve!! Again, we went through everything and tried to figure out what it could be. She told me to call her as soon as I had any more information.

After dinner, Matt told me I needed to do a couple of things to get ready for the next day. He said we were going to go somewhere, but I wouldn’t know where until after we left. He gave me a list of things I needed to get together which included; three pair of shorts, three shirts, one nice dressier outfit with shoes, socks and shoes, and toiletries. At this point I figured we were probably going somewhere, but I had no idea where. Being OCD as I am, I started asking lots of questions because I had things planned. On Thursday we were supposed to have two of Ethan’s friends over to go swimming, I had a doctor’s appt scheduled on Friday and on Saturday we were all supposed to be going down to Waterworld in Denver. I kept worrying about everything and Matt kept saying, “What’s rule number 3?!?!?!?” My next dilemma was that I didn’t really have any nice dressier clothes to wear. With trying to lose weight, I’m not buying new clothes until I get down to my target weight. Well, I needed something so my Mom offered to take me shopping for an outfit. By this time the babies were starving and they needed their baths so I took the boys and left while Matt took care of the babies and the house. We didn’t get home until after nine and the boys needed baths and we had promised them a popsicle, so we did all that and got them in bed.

I knew I wasn’t going to be able to sleep well because of excitement, but the kids aided me in staying awake the entire night on Wednesday night. The babies have been teething bad and also going through a growth spurt, so I was up with them 4 times that night. Also, when Ethan gets overtired, he doesn’t sleep well. He was up four times as well during the night. Needless to say, I got about 3 hours of sleep that night.

No comments: