Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Exciting Updates

First and foremost, our babies are 4 months old already!!!! They had their checkup today and the doctor said they are perfect and happy babies!! That makes me so happy to hear! He said McKenna is right on developmentally and he also said he thinks Aaron is a little ahead of the game!!!

They both have some flatness on their heads that they should grow out of, but in the meantime, we will try and position them in ways that will get the pressure off those flat spots. Of course, they continue to spit up continuously. We are going to try cereal with their formula one more time, but this time using more cereal to thicken it up more. We'll see how it works. McKenna also has some baby acne around her mouth that he said is from the combination of spit up and drool on her sensitive skin. It is something that will go away!

Here are their stats for growth:

Aaron
Height: 25 inches, putting him in the 50% for his age!
Weight: 14 lbs 3-1/2 oz, putting him in the 30% for his age!
Head: 16-1/2 inches, putting him in the 35% for his age!

McKenna:
Height: 24 inches, putting her in the 35% for her age!
Weight: 11 lbs 8-1/2 oz, putting her in the 8% for her age!
Head: 15-1/2 inches, putting her in the 10% for her age!!

They've come down a little in their percentages for weight, but he said that was okay after seeing how much they move their legs and arms. He said they are just burning calories. The entire time during the appt, they both lay there kicking away, waving their arms and talking away. They had lots of stories to tell the doctor today.

He also asked how the boys are doing with the babies. Oh, I can't describe how much the boys love these babies!!!! Ryan will go to bed and then come to his door crying. When you open the door to ask what is wrong, he comes out and goes right to the babies to give them hugs and kisses and then goes back to bed. Ethan plays with the babies, sings to them, brings them toys and loves on them all the time. Since Ryan does everything Ethan does, he is teaching him how to love the babies. Whenever the babies are fussy, I say to them "There's no crying allowed in this house." Well, Ethan has started saying that to them in this high pitched sweet voice. It is so cute!!! I just love to see them interact with the babies!! They love to hold them and rock them in their rocking chair. I couldn't have asked for it to be better!!!

My other exciting news is about my Weight Watchers meeting today. I reached a very exciting goal today!!! Today I reached my first 25 lbs lost!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have a long way to go, but 25 lbs is a huge success and I am very happy!!! In fact, my total so far is 25.6!! I have been working very hard both at the gym and at home. I'm doing some weight lifting, the bike and the elliptical at the gym and at home I work on my treadmill following the Couch 2 5K plan. I've also been really careful about what I eat and honestly, most of the temptations aren't there anymore. There are some times when I give in and treat myself, but I always get back on track right away!!! I might even get brave and post a before and after 25 lb picture here this weekend! Either way, I'll keeping posting my progress as it helps to let people know about my journey and get the support!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad y'all are doing well. Thanks for the updates!

Congrats on the weight loss, Kelly! I am SO proud of you and know that you can do it. I'm along for the journey.

Love you!

Debbie said...

WOW!! 25 lbs is awesome!!! You are doing a fabulous job!! That is such hard work, you should feel so proud of yourself.

The babies and kids are sounding great! I can tell you are loving this stage as much as we are!

So proud of you!!