Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Big Brothers

Our babies are SOOOOOOO lucky to have the best big brothers in the world. This morning I was getting ready so I asked Ethan to sit by McKenna and entertain her while she was lying on my bed. I was in the bathroom and I could hear him saying, "How's my pretty girl? Hi McKenna, such a sweet girl. Where's the baby girl?" ... all in this sweet little high pitched voice. His love for these babies is just incredible!! He is so good to them. And McKenna just lights up when she hears or sees Ethan. She always has a smile for him. Then I went in the babies' room to get their clothes set out. Ethan came in and I asked him if he was done playing with McKenna. He said he wanted to play a bit, so I went in my bedroom and he had put all of the pillows around McKenna so she wouldn't roll off the bed. I didn't even ask him to do that!! I was changing McKenna's diaper and Ethan was helping. I told him how lucky she was to have three wonderful big brothers and he said, "I'm the luckiest because I'm the big brother with two little brothers and one little sister!" I'm so filled with pride for my children and their love for each other!! They are always talking and playing with the babies and bringing them toys and all kinds of big brother stuff. I can't wait until they are all interacting together!!!

Ethan went to a daycamp this week that is being put on for children who have gone through a natural disaster. We have noticed that he is really afraid to be outside when it is windy and think it's a side affect of the tornado. Our friend Derek is a counselor at the camp and I think Ethan will have a good time, and also learn some new things about the weather.

3 comments:

Granny said...

What a great big brother! McKenna will have Ethan tagging along on all of her dates! The guy that captures her heart will have to be very very special!

Granny said...

Ethan is taking after his Uncle Travis - he is a fish too! Good job! Grandma's little minnows!

Debbie said...

Awwwww...what a great big brother! You have a super helper! All the little ones are lucky to have him as a big brother.